Organic Platform Couch
30" x 80" x 16" high
(some assembly required)
Basic Modular Packaged Set Includes:
Two EcoSquares™ ($250 each)
Two Backrails ($130 each)
Two Siderails ($125 each)
Removable Futon Cover ($121)
* Sleek, clean, space saving design
* The frame is modular. It comes in two parts
* Doubles as a bed by taking off the bolsters.
* Modular design can be expanded or re-arranged by adding more Eco Squares™. See examples.
*Clutter clearing friendly. Easy to wash covers.
*No dust mites, bed bugs, or mold forever using Kapok/wool filling and EM Ceramic Powder for Infra Red protection.
Modern Bedding: A Toxic Nightmare
* Boric acid - Inhaling the dust can cause headaches, coughing, dizziness or difficulty breathing. Prolong contact may cause skin sensitization.
* PBDE's - are prohibited in the European Union after high levels were found in breast milk. California has decided to phase out the use of two of these, penta and octa PBDE by 2008. PBDEs accumulate in the body tissues and cause thyroid hormone disruption, permanent learning and memory impairment, decreased sperm count, fetal malformations, behavioral changes, hearing deficiencies and possibly cancer. U.S. women have levels in their body tissues 50 times more than European women. (For more eye-opening information, click on the link at the end of this report to "Our Stolen Future" Website containing results of a study of PBDEs).
* Formaldehyde - the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission states in a report on urethane insulation, "Many health complaints, including irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin, headaches and shortness of breath, have been reported to CPSC over the last several years by consumers who have had UFFI in their homes. Less frequently reported symptoms include chest pain, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, and sleep disturbance. Studies have shown that formaldehyde in liquid solution (and possibly formaldehyde gas) can, through repeated exposure, cause sensitization in certain individuals. When exposed to formaldehyde gas, sensitized individuals may exhibit allergic dermatitis or mild-to-severe asthmatic reactions." This was talking about formaldehyde outgassing from insulation. The same effects would occur from exposure to formaldehyde outgassing while you are sleeping in your bed. CPSC considers formaldehyde to be a potential human carcinogen.
* Decabromodipheyl Oxide - is a developmental toxicant. Exposing mothers to it during pregnancy can cause the death of or disrupt the development of the fetus. It causes birth defects and low birth weight. Behavioral or psychological problems can appear as the child grows.
* Melamine - is a reproductive toxicant, which can cause premature menopause, decreases in male and female fertility, onset of puberty, and changes in menstruation, gestation time, and lactation. It is a development toxicant with all of the hazards of Decabromodiphyl Oxide mentioned above. It is a cardiovascular and blood toxicant. This affects the ability of red blood cells to carry oxygen, white blood cells to fight disease, abnormal heartbeat, decreased blood flow, and elevated blood pressure.
* Antimony - The Australian Government Department of Environment and Heritage says of antimony," Antimony compounds show toxic properties similar to those of arsenic. This depends on how much antimony a person has been exposed to, for how long, and current state of health. Exposure to high levels of antimony can result in a variety of adverse health effects. Breathing high levels for a long time can irritate eyes and lungs and can cause heart and lung problems, stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach ulcers. Ingesting large doses of antimony can cause vomiting. When eaten by mold or mildew, antimony releases a poisonous gas called stibine. This gas has caused epidemics of deaths in the past. These are a few of the chemicals used as fire retardants. Polyols, toluene diisocyante, amines, siloxanes, styrene, limonene, benzene and many others are also used. If you find any chemicals listed on your mattress label, you can search the web for more information. Write the chemical in the search box adding a comma, then write "health hazard." But you can't trust the label, because by law therre is no requirement to list any or all of the ingredients. Click here for more information on the chemical hazards of modern mattresses.
Eco Backrest™ combined with EcoSquares™ to create eclectic minimalist living room arrangement--a very comfortable LOVE SEAT. EcoSquares™ can be moved together to create a bed at night. Best way ever to watch a movie!
Eco Backrest™ floor seats with wrap-around couch arrangement and coffee table. EcoSquares™ can be moved together to create a bed at night.
Two EcoSquares™ with Backrails make a nice corner nook for seating in a small space
C o m p l e t e